Returning NMU Students Locate Scholarships Here
Incoming Freshman Scholarships
Due Date Monday, February 20, 2023
Six Scholarships $1000 each
The School of Art and Design has four scholarships available to high school seniors planning on attending the School of Art & Design at Northern Michigan University. Please review the eligibility requirements below before applying. The scholarships are competitive and awarded on merit. Students must comply with the eligibility and application requirements. Awards are dependent on availability of funding.
- High school senior graduating in June
- Must have a GPA of 2.5 or ACT composite score of 19
- High School Transcript Required
- Teacher Recommendation
- Portfolio of 6-10 images or videos available online.
* See digital portfolio guidelines listed below
Submitting Art & Design Highschool (Incoming Freshman) Scholarships:
Please use the Google Form Below
to upload your digital portfolio (see digital portfolio guidelines listed below). Teacher recommendations and High School Transcripts are also preferred via email, but may be mailed directly to the school if necessary.
Scholarships Submission Form
Mailing Address for Documents
Art & Design Scholarships
Attention: Keith Ellis
School of Art and Design
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette, MI 49855
Digital Portfolio Guidelines:
1. Prepare images for PDF
- All layers must be flattened
- mages should save at no larger than 2000 pixels on the largest side at 72ppi.
- Save images as a JPEG
2. Prepare images for PDF
- Save images to one PDF file – one artwork per page, multiple views are fine (both Word and PowerPoint can do this). Please include any relevant information for each piece such as title, year, media, and any other information you would like the scholarship committee to know. Portfolio must be saved as PDF and named as such: lastname-port.pdf.
- NOTE: If you are submitting a video as part of your portfolio, please include a link to your video on the web (suggested sites: youtube or vimeo). Along with the link you should include any relevant information such as Title, Year, etc.
3. If the PDF is too large to upload use ilovepdf.com to compress your file and retain quality.