The NMU Foundations has seven different undergraduate scholarships available for returning Art & Design majors. Please review the eligibility requirements for each scholarship listed below before applying. The scholarships are competitive and awarded on merit. Students must comply with the eligibility and application requirements. Awards are dependent on availability of funding.
Scholarship application window for 2017-2018 academic year:
Friday, February 17, 2017 - Wednesday, March 1, 2017
During the dates above apply for scholarships by logging in to MyNMU and find the Financial Aid : Donor-Funded Scholarships link on the left hand side under Student Services.
*See Digital Portfolio Guidelines and Specific Scholarship Eligibility Requirements Listed Below
Note: If you wish to be considered for need-based awards, you will need to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the Financial Aid Office. Visit the Financial Aid Website for information on the FAFSA application process.
Financial Aid Website
Digital Portfolio Guidelines:
1. Prepare images for upload
- All layers must be flattened
- Images must be sized to 1280 pixels long on the longest side. Image resolution should be saved to 72 pixels per inch. Images larger than this will not upload. Images smaller than this will display at a lower quality.
- Save images as a JPEG
2. Save all images in one PDF file
(One artwork per page)*
- Please include image information with each artwork (Title, Year, Media, any other relevant information)
- PDF file must be under 2MB – use your browser to check this. If PDF file is too large, there are resources on the Internet to help you reduce this file size
- Name PDF file as follows: Lastname_Firstname_Portfolio.pdf
- Tip: You can use both Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to produce PDF files.
* If you are submitting a video as part of your portfolio, please include a link to your video on the web (suggested sites: youtube or vimeo). Along with the link you should include any relevant information such as Title, Year, etc.
3. Submitting Art & Design Foundation Scholarships
- PDF file should be directly uploaded to the NMU Donor-Funded Scholarships by logging in to MyNMU and find the Financial Aid : Donor-Funded Scholarships link on the left hand side under Student Services, along with any other required information.